Martial Arts Training Chesapeake
Are you interested in martial arts training near Chesapeake? Virginia TaeKwonDo Academy is the place to go! We offer classes for children and adults in TaeKwondo and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. There are many benefits to martial arts, including self defense, physical fitness, improved concentration and confidence.
Our mission is to empower students to enrich their personal, artistic and professional lives through martial arts training. We want to build responsible citizens who can impact and improve their community. So, we do more than just teach martial arts!
We have professional instructors led by Scott Baker who has been teaching martial arts since 2000. All our staff are dedicated to providing a high level martial arts experience for all students. They use traditional TaeKwonDo as the foundation and can later add teaching of Gracie style Jiu-Jitsu for a full learning experience.
Reasons to Consider Martial Arts Training
There are so many benefits to martial arts training. Here is a list of a few top reasons why you should sign up for classes.
- Self Defense – Learn how to defend yourself if needed and build reflexes you may need in a dangerous situation.
- Self Confidence – As you become more proficient, your confidence will grow in your ability and will extend into other areas of your life.
- Discipline – Martial arts training requires repetition. By working on skills and moves over and over again, you gain discipline and commitment to not quit.
- Individual Achievement – Unlike team spots, in martial arts training, everyone gets to participate and progress at their own level.
- Physical Fitness – Since each student actively participates, they also each get a workout. Martial arts builds strength and cardiovascular health.
- Open to Anyone – Males, females, children and adults can all take martial arts classes.
- No Season – Unlike many sports that are constrained to a specific season, martial arts can be enjoyed all year long.
- Belts and Ranking – Belts and rankings are a public recognition among peers for the student’s efforts and progress. This helps each student to set goals and work to achieve them.
Are you convinced yet that you should sign up for martial arts training?
Martial Arts Training at Virginia TaeKwonDo
If you ready to sign up for martial arts training in Chesapeake or if you have more questions, call Virginia TaeKwonDo Academy at 757-558-9869 or fill out our form to receive more information!