Specials on Chesapeake Martial Arts Lessons
From Virginia Taekwondo Academy
Take advantage of the following offers from Virginia Taekwondo Academy!
Military Scholarship Program
Those who volunteer and invest their time in the United States Armed Forces are some of the most well respected citizens of the country, providing protection and service that keeps the country safe. As a Retired Senior Chief Petty Officer in the United States Navy, I know what its like to be hard pressed for money to do the things you love. Keeping this in mind we have developed the Military Scholarship Program. Being in the military we must constantly improve ourselves; through martial arts you can improve your physical and your mental well being. Requirements are below:
- At time of application and at the time the scholarship is awarded, entrants must be on active duty in the United States Armed Forces.
- Each applicant must personify discipline, integrity and honor.
- Each applicant must be drug free and have no criminal record of violence.
- Each applicant must be healthy in mind and body and take steps to maintain a high level of fitness.
- Each applicant understands that they will only be awarded one 6 (six month) scholarship.
- Each applicant understand that they must attend 2 (two) classes per week unless otherwise directed or authorized by the Academy Owner.
- Each applicant must come to the Academy, well bathed and with trimmed toe and fingernails. Uniforms and all clothing worn must be clean, in good repair, and free from any offensive odors.
- Each applicant with any of the following infectious diseases will NOT be allowed to participate in this training: herpes (cold sores), fungal infections (ringworm) and any form of staph, viral or other bacterial infections or outbreaks.
- Each applicant understands that they must test at every eligible opportunity.
- Each applicant understand that TaeKwonDo and Jiu-Jitsu is first and foremost a self-defense martial art, not a sport.
- Each applicant understands that violation of any of the above requirements is cause for dismissal with no reimbursement.
Call 757-558-9869 or fill out our form to receive additional information!